Located inside the main museum building, the GARVEY EDUCATION ROOM is available year-round for business meetings, family reunions, club meetings and other receptions. The education room can accommodate about 50 people comfortably seated. The room is air conditioned and heated, is handicapped accessible, has an on-site kitchenette and is located close to restrooms. Perfect for business meetings, there are about fifty chairs and 10 tables available for use, as well as a portable PA system with one lapel mic and one hand-held mic, a podium and a projector and screen.
In addition, the room has recently been updated to allow wireless internet access and a 55" 3D smart TV was recently installed. Also available for use is a 60" smart TV. Both have wireless connectivity and Apple TV to allow for the use of all laptops and computers, tablets, iPads, and other electronic devices.
Garvey Education Room
- A deposit is not required to reserve the Garvey Education Room, unless alcohol is being served
- Clean-up and set-up must be done within the designated booking time unless other arrangements are made; oftentimes, time is available during the week prior to the event and the days following an event for set-up and clean-up, but cannot be guaranteed
- Guests may enjoy complimentary museum admission to tour the exhibits
- Necessary damage fees, clean-up labor and/or additional hours needed are billed at $100 per hour
- If tables, chairs and other accommodations are needed, prior notification is required to ensure availability; additional costs may be applied
- With adequate notfication, museum staff are happy to research and find interesting photos, documentation and other information within the archives of the Thomas County Historical Society collection that are relevant to events; additional costs may be applied
- For an additional $25, museum staff will set up the room to event specifications and provide water, tea and/or coffee
- For an additional $350 and certificate of insurance, renters may serve alcohol***
During Business Hours Rental $100
Meetings and other events that take place during business hours can be held in the education room for $100. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 1 to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Mondays during the winter months, November 1 through March 31.
After-Hours Rental $200
Meetings and other events that take place outside normal business hours can be held in the education room for $200. This package allows for no more than two consecutive "after-hours" hours. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends 1 to 5 p.m. The museum is closed on Mondays during the winter months, November 1 through March 31.
**Alcohol is permitted in the Garvey Education Room upon museum approval. To reserve this opportunity, a $200 non-refundable deposit is required to safely secure the booking date; it will go towards the final balance of the room rental fee. The final balance and proof of insurnace is due no later than one month prior to the event or the rental contract will be cancelled. Renters who wish to serve alcohol are responsible for providing a certificate of insurance including liquor liability with the Prairie Museum of Art & History named as an additional insured party at a minimum of $1,000,000 for each occurence/$2,000,000 aggregate or have the event catered by a licensed, insured caterer.